Oct 6, 2005

last night's ride...

went out for a ride just before sunset yesterday... it rained earlier and was threatening rain when i left. the roads weren't too bad - a little wet but not enough to splash up a lot of mist, water and dirt. my main concern when riding are the cages - i'm never sure they're aware of my presence. and when the weather is like it was last night, i'm even more concerned about them. i ride assuming they don't know i'm there, waiting for them to cut in front of me or switch into my lane. so i'm watching the cages more, looking forward, looking left, looking right, looking behind - you have to be aware that they'll come from anywhere... as i'm scanning my environment, i look back in my left mirror - in it is a rainbow. i look again to confirm the rainbow, as i do, i feel a sense of relief, some of the stress seems to melt away, the ride becomes a lot more enjoyable.

i've never seen a rainbow while on the bike. i kinda of wish i had my camera with me. although that would have presented another set of obstacles. i would have to pull over to get the camera - which wouldn't be easy in traffic. then i'd have to position the bike just right to get a picture of the rainbow in the mirror... i guess some things are better left to memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment