Dec 13, 2005

no, no, thank you...

i got a christmas/thank card from my local dealership the other day... actually, it was probably a "holiday" card because they don't want to offend anyone by saying "christmas." what offends me are the people the don't have the courage to say christmas or merry christmas and the people who don't believe in christmas that don't have the self-esteem to just let it roll off... but that's a whole different diatribe that i won't go in to here...

so, about this card... as i mentioned, it was a thank you card as well. i guess they were thanking me for all the money i've spent in there for the overpriced goods... i know, i know - it's my own fault, i shop there, it's my money, i can spend it somewhere else if i don't like it. but i do fall into the trap and do spend my money there... damn!!! as part of the thank you, they included a card for 25% off leather good for the month of november and december. i have two basic problems with this card.... first, and most obviously, the promotion is about three-quarters over. now they send it to me!!! what happened to sending it out at the beginning of november when it would give me more of a chance to use it?? or maybe that was their plan; i wouldn't be able to take advantage of it. i was thinking about taking it in and asking if i could use it for january and february as it's pretty much done now - but i don't think it's worth my time...

the second problem i have with this is its too late!! a little over a week ago i spent close to two hundred dollars buying heated (leather) gloves. it would have been nice to save some money. and i guess if i would have shopped around, i could have saved - but a lack of planning on my part constituted me spending full price. a purchase i don't regret after riding in the cold... i thought about taking the discount card in and asking for the discount on the gloves - but again, i don't know if it's worth my time. let's see, fifty bucks... it probably is worth my time. okay, chalk this one up to laziness.

so i ended up tossing out the note and the discount card... doubt i'll buy anything before the card expires!! at least anything leather... for myself...

ride on...

No comments:

Post a Comment