Aug 30, 2005

journey v. destination

on the way home from my ride to the races, i was having the classic journey v. destination debate in my head...

for me, it always seems to be more about the journey. heck, i've been on rides where we didn't even get to our destination, but the ride was still great because of what we did end up seeing or doing...

after being at the races, seeing and doing all there was to do, i was wondering if this trip was different - was this one more about the destination and not the journey?? the ride out to vir was great, and the ride home was very pleasant. but i had such a great time at the races...

then i asked myself, would i have had as good of a time if i had gotten there by cage?? no came to my mind pretty quickly. okay, would i have had as good a time if i rode up there and come home without seeing the races?? maybe...

so, for me it seems the journey still edges out the destination. the destination can certainly enhance the journey, as it did in this case. but i think the journey always enhances the destination.

ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment