Jan 1, 2009

28063

starting the year with just over 28k... i put on a little over 8000 miles last year, more than i expected. most of those came from trips that were unplanned and just presented themselves as great riding opportunities. i think those can make the best memories.

this year, i don't really have too much planned, the usual smoke out... other than that, i nothing really set. although there are some trips i'd like to accomplish. like riding the blue ridge parkway, a trip to georgia to attend a wedding, an iron butt, the world traveler to name a few. most of all, i think i would like to ride more with my wife. we always have fun...

so just sit back and let's see what happens...

2 comments:

  1. I start the year with 50,413 miles. I’m going to shot for 15,000 miles this year which would be about average for me. I like that link to the World Traveler site. I like the game of World Traveler. I’ve ridden to many of the places on the Iowa list already so I’ll have to do it again. I was pretty surprised the first time I happen to find myself in Jamaica, Iowa. Who knew?

    The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great ride. On vacation 2007 the four of us rode it and the Tail of the Dragon. Make sure you ride the Tail too when you are in the area.

    fasthair

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe now that i'm back working in an office, i'll log a few more miles on the bike this year. although i would prefer the miles to be from trips rather than commuting miles...

    if i can manage to fit in the blue ridge trip, you can be sure i'll be riding the tail of the dragon as well... my father-in-law and i took a trip out there in 2007 and had a great time. great roads to ride in the area, not to mention that my father-in-law always keeps things interesting... i laugh just thinking about traveling with him...

    ReplyDelete