Nov 7, 2008

fall...

this past week, i've really be able to get out and ride. not anywhere in particular, just out and about. and i sure do live in a pretty area. the leaves are changing and are in full color - color like i haven't seen in years. rich reds, gorgeous oranges, shades of yellow and brown.

riding the roads, soaking in the scenery... being on the bike makes me part of all the beauty, not just observing it like i would from a cage...

i was sitting outside the dealership and was struck by the brilliant color of this tree. it's just a portion of all the colors that are appearing now. i tried to capture some of the color... i didn't have my camera, so i was stuck with my crappy cell phone camera. it certainly doesn't do it justice...
  
  

2 comments:

  1. And while you got to enjoy this I am coming to terms of our riding season here in Iowa is quickly coming to an end. Barely in to the 30s this past weekend and as I sit here on Monday evening there is freezing rain outside my door. Not sure I will get to ride to work tomorrow or not.

    Just found your blog today. Will will add it to my feeds and catch up on what you got here.

    fasthair

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comments, fashair...

    ironic, i was talking to someone this weekend about riding in the 30s. while it's not my favorite time of the season, unless isn't snowin', sleetin' or just nasty outside, i try to ride. then again, if it's already 30s there, i can't begin to imagine what it gets like in a couple months... it's been dipping into the 40s around here lately - your comment reminds me it could be a lot worse...

    ReplyDelete