Sep 17, 2006

flashing high beams...

and not of the female kind!!!

rode in dark a couple times this weekend... seems everyone like everyone thinks i ride with my high beams on - and want to remind me by flashing their high beams at me. or worse yet, just leaving their high beams on.

i usually ride with my running lights on. which, i will admit, throws a lot of light. and i like primarily for two reasons - one it helps me see better. two, it helps other people see me better. so, i will continue to ride with them on. and i guess i will subject myself to having cages flash their high beams at me.

when people flash their high beams at me, i used to flash mine back at them. this was okay, but usually left me fumbling around a little for the switch and sometimes i was a little late in blasting the cages back. but i've decided to take a slightly different tact. since i know the lights are bright, and a lot of cagers aren't, i'll let them flash me once. if they do it again, i'll flash mine back at them. if they leave theirs on, then, obligingly, i'll turn mine on. seems fair to me...

anyway, the next time someone flashes their high beams at me, i would prefer it to be of the female kind...

No comments:

Post a Comment