Jan 1, 2016

64380


Starting off the year with 64380 miles on the bikes this year. Means I only put on a little more that 4k last year - sad! Seems I did the usual about of riding at the beginning of the year but had a bit of a dry spell around fall. Weather was good, just wasn't out in it on two wheels too much.

Normally, today I'm looking forward to the trips I'll be taking this year - the usual trips like the Ride for Kids, Rolling Thunder, The Smoke Out, the mid-year instructor update, etc. I'm still looking forward to the travels ahead. However, I'm not sure where the roads will take me this year. I"m leaning less towards the trips I always go on and more towards finding new roads and destinations.

There's talk about riding the Blue Ridge Parkway with my father-in-law and uncle. I've talked about it before, I've ridden parts of it before, but ever the whole thing in one trip. That's still a goal of mine.

I also enjoy and look forward to riding with my son. He's great to travel with and always brings a different perspective.

Most of all, I'd love to take a trip with my wife. It's been a while since we've been on a trip together. I know my bike isn't the most comfortable for her. And if we go for any length of time, there's always the issue of packing. She's a good sport about paring down what she takes but we still end up packing the bike to the gills! Then there's the destination. Where to head out on the bike for a couple days? That she would want to go... On the Road King...

Regardless, he's too remembering a good year of riding and looking forward to the roads ahead...